Sunday, September 28, 2008

Twins Update

I was so excited to be able to watch Jason and Stephanie's little girls on Thursday so they could go to the hospital to be with Faith and Hope. I really enjoyed my time playing with the girls. This morning while I was waiting to practice with my Worship team the girls came in with their grandparent. They both ran up to me and gave me big hugs. I was very blessed! I asked if I could go back and sit with them again on Thursday. Ministering can be so much fun! The girls and I sang every song we could come up with. It was a lot of fun!

Ok, this is a two-for-one day... :-)

Update(s):
We just got back from seeing the girls. Faith is still in her "big girl" crib and seems to be handling it well. They both have been bumped up to 24 calories per whatever unit. We got to talk to the doctor tonight and she relayed some information regarding Hope's recent head scan that I couldn't keep in. She said the recent head scan showed some improvement in the portions of her brain that had shown up before as probably having been affected during the time of low oxygen and low blood flow. Praise God! Faith will have another head scan tomorrow. We pray that it shows continued progress or at least no worsening. There seems to be more and more talk of what type of things will take place before, during, and after the girls come home and that is also encouraging.


Prayer requests (still pretty much the same):

1) Continue to pray for Faith's hydrocephalus (enlarged ventricles) and the successful treatment of it.

2) Pray that both of the girls continue to do well with their feedings and that they will do well when they start learning to take food orally (probably ~2 wks out yet)

3) Getting a head start on praying about the girls not having retinopothy of prematurity (blood vessels not developing correctly in / around the retinas).
4) Continue to pray for the doctors and nurses caring for Faith and Hope.
5) Continue to pray for Steph and my health, strength, faith, courage, etc.

6) Continue to lift up our older children
7) Pray for the long term development, etc for Faith and Hope.
8) Whatever else God lays on your hearts...


Thanks again,
Jason and family....

No comments: