Thursday, July 3, 2008

My big Mistake

For some reason, on the route yesterday I kept thinking about a Rice dish that I use to make all the time. I have no idea why I just think of eating RICE.

Chicken breast - 6 pieces
Mushrooms - 3 small cans
Water Chestnuts - two small cans
Cream of Mushroom soup - 3 cans
Milk - 1 cup

Cut up chicken into small pieces and saute them in a pan. I saute them in water. Add the mushrooms, water chestnuts and Cream of mushroom soup. I also add in a cup of milk so it's creamier. I simmer that together for 45 minutes. I place that over 5 cups of rice in a baking dish. Cook it together for 30 minutes in the oven and you have my rice dish.

Well, let's just say, I should have stuck with just plain old rice. I spent a lot of time in the bathroom last night. I am feeling a lot better this morning. I just have to remember, for the first whole week I have to stay with very plain foods. My husband loved having the dish again. We made Taco for the boy's since Aaron was coming home.

Hubby had a really bad dream last night. It breaks my heart to see how upset he is over all of this. He yelled out with the most upsetting sound I have ever heard come out of him last night. He was then crying in his sleep. I woke him to make sure he was o.k. He had another bad dream. I died! My husband is just not like this. I feel so bad that he has to go through this with me. For one thing, he has to give me that shot. I know he hates it, yet he gives it to me anyway. It all just breaks my heart. I am sure after seeing that I couldn't even eat dinner last night without suffering for the next two hours must have been upsetting to him. I sure know that he loves me. He is seeing me through every step of the way. Wow! How could I ever doubt this man's love for me.

I woke up a little late but I was able to get in 45 minutes of walking this morning. I have increased my Monavie product this week to see if it helps me get my WBC up.

1 comment:

Curious Servant said...

I have dropped by on occasion lately... I wanted to say a couple of things this time.

1. I appreciate this blog. I've had friends who have gone through cancer, and I just wasn't as involved as I should have been. Your posts give me insights I should have had long ago.

2. Since I'm a teacher and am home doing a lot of the cooking and stuff lately, I think I'll try that recipe!