Wednesday, October 15, 2008

It's almost time for my Party! Two more chemo treatments to go!

It is almost time to celebrate! I have two more chemo treatments to go.

I have to think about this one for a bit....Hmmmmmm....What to do. I know I will be dancing all the way to my car. I'll be singing the happy dance song. I might even hug all the people I come in contact with that day. Some might think I'm strange but whooooo cares! I've almost made it! I'll be singing praises to our Awesome Lord and Savior for all He has done for me!

Psalm 150
Praise the LORD! Praise God in His sanctuary; Praise Him in His mighty expanse. Praise Him for His mighty deeds; Praise Him according to His excellent greatness. Praise Him with trumpet sound; Praise Him with harp and lyre. Praise Him with timbrel and dancing;(See, it's in the scriptures) Praise Him with stringed instruments and pipe. Praise Him with loud cymbals; Praise Him with resounding cymbals. Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD!

I was able to talk with four chemo patients on Friday. I drive myself now so I try to talk to as many people as possible so I can find out what they are their for.

I talked to two ladies; They both had bone cancer.

I also talked to two gentlmen; One had stomach cancer and the other had cancer of the liver, kidney and stomach.

All four of these chemo patients I talked to on Friday were in stage 4. They were taking chemo to live longer. There isn't a cure for their cancer but chemo has kept them alive longer. I enjoyed getting to know the other people being treated.

Things do happen that are out of our control. One of the chemo patients that I have had chemo with for over a month now, stopped breathing during his chemo treatment on Friday. It was very frightening! I almost didn't write about it but others must know what to watch out for if you are taking chemo.

This man was around my age 45-50. He had a reaction to the chemo he was taking, the first two times he took it. I think the man was on Taxol but I'm not 100 percent sure. It looked the same as what I was on before I had a reaction to it. This was his 4th treatment. The first two treatments he was having trouble breathing.

BTW- My hand is almost back to normal now. I have a little swelling but not like it was when I was on taxol.

He was talking with the rest of us for a while. I stopped talking to do my Bible study for our Wednesday evening program. I looked up after about 10 minutes and this man's eyes were rolled back in his head. I yelled out "Oh MY Goodness". The nurses all ran to him and started working on him. One nurse was yelling "Breath Mr. ... We can't lose you". Another was yelling Code Blue call 911". They started CPR on him and then they finally had the shot another nurse was yelling to give him. When he did come back, the breath he took in was so loud, it scared me, yet I was watching the whole thing. I praise God that He answered prayer right then and spared this man's life.

I cried the rest of the day. Not just because I was frightened but because I am in stage three cancer and I haven't had to change my life much because of my cancer. Yet I see and hear what others are going through and I know that our God is carrying me through all of this. I feel guilty at times knowing I am doing good and others are having a hard time of it. This past Fridays chemo was like none I have faced so far. When people tell you they almost died from chemo, believe them. I have had friends that have had to take chemo, tell me this but until Friday, I really didn't understand. I see people getting blood, platelets. Being sent home because their blood counts are to low. I see people come in looking like they weigh about 90 pounds and close to their death bed. Yet I feel sorry for myself because I have no hair and I have to paint on my eyebrows and eye lashes. That is nothing compared to what happened to this man or what others are facing. Shame on me for complaining about things that don't matter.

Keep praying for me! God truly is answering our prayers.

Prayer requests:

My blood counts were a little low so please pray they will stay up enough for me to finish my last two treatments.

I meet with my Oncologist on Friday so she can get me set up with my Radiologist. I will be starting radiation treatments soon. Pray I can get the schedule I need in order to get the kids off to school and get to work on time. I have to take Radiation Monday thru Friday for 38 treatments.

Please also pray that this did kill all of the cancer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PRAYERS AND PRAISES To our God for you!
Sending a Savior to shed His Blood for us.
Then to Cleanse us and make us new creatures.
Now letting my daughter be carried by Him, Blessing her each step she takes throughout this journey to Healing.
In His sight you have just as many concerns as each one that is going through this. In His sight No Prayer is too small.
You are a Blessing to all and I Pray for you to go on with your life free of cancer. Ready to give God the Glory for all the Great things He has done and is going to do!
God Bless You my Child!

Love
Mom