Friday, May 9, 2008

May 9th, 2008 Met with Oncologist

As I stated last night, I had an appointment with the Oncologist today. Dr. Chottiner. She is suppose to be the top Oncologist at St. Joe's. I received more good news today!
12 out of 18 of the lymph nodes had cancer in them so it is off for more test next Wednesday. Chest, bone, pelvic and lots of blood work was done today. They have to find out if I'm in stage three or four. If it is stage 4, well, there is nothing they can do for me.They will give me a time frame as to how long they think I will live, maybe 10 or 15 years. If it is stage three they will hit me hard with Chemo. Again, Oh joy!

I'm not going to cry. I guess I will handle it like a man.

Next Wednesday all the test will be run. I meet with Dr. Chottiner on Thursday to discuss the test results.

Rebecca and my dad come to town tonight at 11:30 p.m. I'm really excited about that.

No comments: