Saturday, June 14, 2008

I am one step closer to my last chemo Treatment

Little update:

I'm doing really well today. The port being put in was like a really bad dentist appointment. {I've blogged about how much I love going to the dentist} I had that put in at 7:00 a.m. and my first Chemo at 9:00 a.m. They first put in all the Anti nausea and vomiting medication. I then had to chew on ice to help my mouth from the sores that would form. It is funny they actually have to make up the Chemo after they check your blog (My blood not my blog, ROFL, thanks gregc for pointing my typo out) and get you check in. I'm sure the Chemo is costly. The AC {Really hard Chemo} took 20 minutes going in. The nurse has to put that through the IV because it could burn the skin. The last Chemo took about 1 1/2 hours to go through my IV. We were at the hospital until 2:00 p.m. It took a bit of time for my first section.

It all really did seem to go smoothly. Besides sores in my mouth and of course my chest is sore where they put the port. I was a little nauseated and I did wake up with a really bad headache and stomach ache this morning. I took my meds like a good girl and after I laid back down for a few hours, I was good to go. I'm doing pretty good now. The meds make me more hyper than I already am. I couldn't get to sleep until midnight the night of my chemo. I thought if I worked the night before I would be calmer and could fall asleep when I got home. I only got two hours of sleep that night so I should have been tired.

Keep praying for me, I know your prayers are working. BTW-Thank you for being such faithful prayer partners and some mighty good blogging friends.


Lori

No comments: