Tuesday, April 29, 2008

This is what took place when I got a physical

About two months ago I went to the doctor's office because I felt a lump in my left breast. It had been there for a bit and I thought I'd better get it checked out. My grandmother was diagnosed with Breast cancer in her 40's.

I went on a Monday morning on March 17, 2008. It was St.Patrick's day 2008. I had a physical. I told them about the lump and she wasn't happy. I tried to explain why I waited so long before I came to the doctor's about it. Always something else I should be doing.

The next day they sent me to get a Mammogram and Ultra sound on the lump. I had several Mammograms. It was a bit spooky waiting for them to tell me I was good or I had to go get more pictures. Well, I had to get more pictures. They then did the Ultra sound. After everything, they set me down in a conference room and told me I had cancer. They showed me my pictures and where the Cancer was. They told me I needed to find a surgeon.

Finding a surgeon: This is a story I will wait until tomorrow to tell. How I found my surgeon was a bit of a miricle.

They then sent me to have an MRI because my Breast are dense; Meaning they can't see through them. After that they sent me to get the tumor biopsy. It hurt pretty bad. They shoot like a dart gun through my breast into the tumor and took out tissue. This happened in four different places. Ouch! I had seven children with no medication so I took it like a man.

Then I was sent up to have the tumor removed. On April 25th, 2008 I had my first surgery. My surgeon (which I love dearly) was wonderful. As I said before i'll write in another post how God lead me to my surgeon.

This is just the start of what would be a long two months! More in my next post.

No comments: